2019 was one hell of a year.
So many of us experienced so much growth, discovery, hardship, and frustration.
It was rough, but I know we’re all better because of it.
This post is a little wrap-up of sorts – an overview of what I experienced in life and business, some of my favorite resources, and top posts that I encourage you to go take a look at.
Let’s get to it!
2019 for me and a pagan Mess
This blog is just over a year old now, I started it in December of 2018 so the majority of it’s life was this year!
It’s transformed from hobby blog to be an outlet for the knowledge I was absorbing like a sponge, to a sapling of a business that I cannot wait to continue growing in 2020 and the years beyond.
I’ve enjoyed writing again, and I’ve enjoyed learning. But what I’ve really come to enjoy is my newfound passion for helping people grow. I always knew I’d find a way to help people but I always thought it would have something to do with dance. I definitely didn’t expect my medium to be teaching witchcraft!
One of the biggest things I’ve learned about witchcraft/magic/spirituality in general, is its power for personal development. Magic is one of the best ways I’ve found to help transform yourself into who you really want to be. It’s a way to reclaim your personal power, something that was taken at a young age for so many of us.
It allows us to connect to our higher self and intuition, a force that will never steer us wrong as long as we actually listen to it.
One of my biggest accomplishments of this year was launching my first ever course, Intuitive Witchcraft. Putting this course together has been an incredible experience and I can’t wait to share it with more people! (To get on the waitlist for the next round head here)
In my personal life...
In February I started rehearsing for my first professional dance performance! It was a wonderful experience, both for the opportunity to dance as well as an opportunity to learn more about what I want from life right now (which is to not dance for other people lol)
In early May I invested in an online course that changed my life (more on that later) I also started listening to Abraham Hicks. The combination of those two things completely shifted my outlook on life and got me moving out of the rut I had been in for years.
I started a new job in late May, I absolutely love it and have met some really great people through it.
At some point I worked with a body image coach who helped me sort through so many built up issues with my body image and self worth. It’s been months since I stopped working with her and I continue to see benefits from the work we did.
In general, I found myself much more than I ever have. I worked on myself. And I learned to hold my ground and speak my mind. I’m learning that I don’t always need to be accepted by others, but I do need to accept myself the way I am before I can move to where I want to be.
2019 wrapped up with a special bundle of joy in my family – as of December 27th, I’m officially an aunt! My niece is absolutely beautiful (and I usually think babies are super creepy) and we all love her so much.
Here is a round up of some of my favorite things from 2019. Many of them are witchy or spiritual, but not all of them are. Some are just for fun!
- Real Magic by Dean Radin – a scientific look at magic. Fantastic for curious skeptics!
- It’s Not Your Money by Tosha Silver – An incredible guide to letting abundance into your life
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle – Not finished with this one yet, but it is such an incredible shift in thinking
- Kitchen Table Tarot by Melissa Cynova – Probably my favorite breakdown of tarot I’ve read. 100% recommend for the content as well as the sass and personality
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz – Another perspective shifter, a great way to look at how you’re living your life
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – This is just a fun one. I have yet to read the rest of the series but absolutely loved the first book!
- The Witch Bitch Amateur Hour – Cannot recommend this one enough. Delightfully sassy cousin witches that share so much well though knowledge along with so much relatable off topic nonsense. They also have a fantastic “coven” on facebook!
- The Jim Fortin Podcast – Such a life changer. Jim Fortin brings brain science, psychology, and ancient wisdom all into one and shares a lot of stories about apprenticing with a shaman
- The Mind Your Business Podcast – This is a game changer for entrepreneurs. James Wedmore takes a “woo” approach to how to run a business, perfect for us witchy folk and applicable even if you don’t have a business.
- Manifestation Babe – Kathrin Zenkina shares wonderful relatable info on manifestation and how she’s creating the life of her dreams
- Personality Hacker – I got super into Meyers-Briggs personality types this year and these guys are the best resource I’ve found
- 3 Pagans and a Cat – I listened to this one more at the beginning of the year than I do now, but I still check in every once in a while. Their episodes are always well researched with fantastic info and they’ve created a great community as well!
- Manifestation Babe Academy by Kathrin Zenkina – This was the course I took back in May that shifted my life for the better. It is a deep dive into manifestation and how to apply it to all areas of your life.
- Business By Design by James Wedmore – The natural next step from the Mind Your Business Podcast. If you want a program that gives you processes for just about everything in your business (including working on yourself first) and doing it all without hustling, this is for you!
- Transformational Coaching Program (TCP) by Jim Fortin – Okay, so I haven’t actually taken this one yet. But I’m putting it out to the Universe that I will sign up for TCP in 2020
- BehatiLife – Tarot, astrology, and general witchcraft
- AstroDeeStars – Astrology with a focus on synastry
- Jackson Crawford – An academic approach to Norse Mythology
- Let’s Game it Out – Just a fun one. I’m a video game lover. This guy takes games and plays them as wrong as possible. Always good for a laugh!
- Karolina Zebrowska – Another off-topic fun one – Karolina is a hilarious historical fashion expert from Poland. Her followers lovingly call her “Meme Mom”
- Linestrider Tarot – My first tarot deck and the one I have the strongest connection with. I love my RWS… but the Linestrider is really something special
- BehatiLife Apothecary – I might be slightly obsessed with Jess from BehatiLife… Not only is she super knowledgable through her YouTube and Instagram, she also sells beautiful products made with so much care.
- New Renaissance Bookstore – This one is for Portland, Or locals. My favorite witchy shop, they have tarot/oracle cards, crystals, candles, supplies for just about anything that may be part of your craft, and SO MANY BOOKS
- Clary Sage Herbarium – Another Portland spot. A cozy spot with a wonderful vibe and a large collection of herbs.
- Insight Timer – My absolute favorite app for meditation, both for a timer and guided meditations.
I could probably go on for a while with more… But we’ll leave it at that for now!
Looking to 2020
There is a lot in store for A Pagan Mess in the next year!
I’m preparing for another round of Intuitive Witchcraft and working on how to make the course even better!
I may or may not also have a membership in the works… And a podcast… stay tuned for those 😉
I’m working on how to get consistent content out without burning myself out, so get ready to see me more both on here and on my instagram
If you haven’t already, take a moment to reflect on 2019. What were your wins? Your losses? What did you learn from both of those?
Moving into 2020, where do you want to grow? What do you want to spend your time and attention on? What do you want?
I look forward to another year of growing, sharing, and experiencing life with you all,
Happy New Year!